Wednesday, June 26, 2024

The Storm of Distraction


I've recently experienced a personal setback. Some days it has left me panicked and angry. I wind up allowing then negativity in and within an hour I'm emotionally helpless, full of despair and lacking any confidence what so ever. However, when I change my setting (taking a walk, going and sitting in another room, etc.) I begin to emerge from those feelings. I've realized coming off those feelings is like driving in thunderstorm. I'm gripping the steering wheel and the adrenaline is pumping me full of fear and doubt. Suddenly I've driven out of the storm and everything is sunny and calm. I realize I was safe and being sensible and focused the entire time. I allowed the storm steal my confidence and take control. All the while I was centered the entire time. The base of my confidence was never taken away, I just let something distract me from relying on it and believing in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment