Sunday, November 26, 2023

Kenshō



The other day I had one of those "timeless" kenshō moments. I was walking from the kitchen to the dining room with my lunch soup. I felt “hyper present” like every step was almost eternal. Not in length of time but more like each step was moving through everything all at the same time. In those kenshō flashes I have the overwhelming sense of an understanding and belonging to everything. I can feel everything. It always gives me an overwhelming sense of centeredness and calm. The troubles and cares of the day and life drop like loose clothing. I feel totally unencumbered and peaceful.

In that flash nothing had any of the importances we assign them. There was no stress or concern. It’s a vulnerable sensation, but one that also feels comfortable.


For past kenshō blog entries and a better understanding of it, visit the links below.

No comments:

Post a Comment