Tuesday, November 14, 2023

60 and Act III


The approach to 60, albeit a year and three-and-a-half months away, is really having profound (that word is so cliche nowadays) effects on me. Some I can literally feel happening daily. I can go to bed one day with a certain feeling or way of thinking about some thing, someone, or some place only to wake up the next day ready shed that thing, person, or situation. The thing is, thouhg, I have no regrets about that sometimes-daily “culling”. The importance of people, places, things, and beliefs is changing rapidly. It would be easy to say it might seem a bit frightening not knowing what’s ahead. Yet I know for certain those holes being created are going to be filled with much more meaningful things; calm, “solid,” mindful, and centered things that are going to make Act III deeply rewarding and meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment